Spring has sprung and if you’re thinking of selling your home, now is the time! Wow buyers with a fresh spring cleaning. Wouldn’t it be nice to save money by avoiding hiring a cleaning company and using items you already have in your home? Well then here’s the perfect 10 budget-friendly tips for you:
- Use a lemon to get rid of water stains in the shower.
- Use dryer sheets to clean baseboards as well as remove buildup from glass.
- To clean blinds, mix equal parts water and vinegar in a bowl. Slip a sock over your hand and dip into the solution and wipe. When the sock gets really dirty, rinse in clean water and repeat the process.
- Clean your toilet with Coke by pouring it around the rim so it flows over the stains in the bowl. Let sit for at least an hour to overnight. Flush or use a scrub brush and then flush.
- To clean your stove burners, seal it in a Ziploc-type bag with about ¼ cup of ammonia and let it sit overnight and then rinse.
- Get fur out of a carpet with a window squeegee.
- Remove stubborn stains from carpet by spraying the spot with a solution of 1 part vinegar and 2 parts water. Lay a damp cloth over the spot and iron on the steam setting for 30 seconds. If the stain is really stubborn, repeat these steps.
- Clean your microwave by combining ½ of a squeezed lemon with a dish of water and mixing well. Place the dish in the oven and run on high for 5-10 minutes. Wipe the surface with a soft dishcloth.
- To clean chrome, glass or stainless steel appliances, fill a spray bottle with a mixture of 50% rubbing alcohol and 50% water.
- Make hardwoods shine with a solution of 1 gallon of hot water, ¾ cup olive oil and ½ cup lemon juice. No need to rinse!
Don’t forget to spring clean the exterior of your home as well. Freshen up your curb appeal with mature landscaping and dark brown mulch. Install large-scale exterior lighting to dress up the front of your house. Clear away cobwebs and swipe on a fresh coat of paint on the trim and door. You only get one chance at a first impression!
Contact Dawn Delgado for even more ways to spring-clean and stage your home to acquire top dollar!
“The E4Realty Group – Full Time Agents, Big Time Results!”